Wednesday, February 12, 2020

38 trips around the sun...

I woke up this morning, hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock, more times than not - When it reaches this dreary time of the year (caught between Christmas and Spring), I can't seem to wake up as easily for school, as I did, just a few short months ago. And repetitious, mind numbing routines, always mess with my soul - So, I fumbled with my phone, waiting for my eyes to focus in, to see the time...

I threw myself upright and raced downstairs to pack a lunch, a snack, and make some breakfast, before we left for school drop off. My feet sputtered down the bare wooden steps, and when I hit the bottom, I saw my daughter and son were waiting there, holding cards in their hands - And, on the table behind them, were packaged items... They both stood there proudly, with the largest smiles on their faces, as they shouted, "Happy Birthday!" before hugging me - From them, I received homemade cards and my daughter spent her own money and bought me these pictures items, because she knows my love of socks and well, coffee too...


I'm on my 38th trip around the sun, and I've noticed as people age, they usually start rebelling or frantically try to turn back the clock... It appears to be the general consensus that aging, is the ultimate evil... But, as I age, I see this precious world around me and I'm aware of how grateful I am to be reaching any birthday... 

Because, life can change so quickly, for any of us.

And, this past year has left me so happy for my life and the many more gray hair I obtained in the process... 

*I'm grateful that my brother, who has stage 4 cancer, is still celebrating another birthday with me... 
*I'm grateful for my children, who gave me purpose - I truly found myself after their arrival and I still continue to evolve and grow, to this day... 
*I'm grateful for my husband and his hard work. (And, how quickly he rebounded, after his company laid off his entire department on December 31st). Because, without his hard work, I wouldn't be home to give our children the life I want, I couldn't be the parent I want to be, and I couldn't homeschool... 
*I'm grateful for all the love and support I received, when our 13 year old German Shepherd passed... 
*I'm super grateful we didn't let mercury retrograde drown our spirits, because it tried. It seriously tried to pull us under water and hold us down...

Because you see, after 38 trips around the sun, I know that life is treasured... Sure, days suck, days are long, and life seems to do everything to make you hate it... It's easy to get caught up in all the negative, while not appreciating the positive... But, all you need is the love of family and some really awesome friends, who will meet up with you 7 days a week, just to keep you laughing. And, they'll laugh with you, at all the crap that occurred simultaneously, because at some point, it seemed like a joke.

And, some perfectly timed hugs from my wonderful children, who are the reason I live and breathe everyday...


As time passes and more birthdays come and go, I look forward to the days when my hair is white and I lost a few inches in height. I look forward to all the aches and pains I feel and naturally slowing down... I look forward to it because, it means I've lived a full life. It means I'm still in this world, enjoying everything it has to offer.

It means I was able to watch my children grow, revel in their days, and come out of this chaos, on the other side...

I would have learned so much more about myself - And hopefully, learned how to be more patient with time and learned how to "stop and smell the roses..."

You see, aging is truly the most important gift that is taken for granted, because without aging, there's nothing else left to celebrate...


-----------------------------------------------------------------
**Be sure to check out all my social media pages... I'm on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. However, I post daily on Instagram and share stories there, several times a day... It's by far, my most active page.

My Instagram link - Instagram
My Facebook link - Facebook
My Twitter link - Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment