Sunday, November 23, 2014

A milestone for my big boy!

This week was a week of growth, maturity, and ninja warrior obstacles for my son...

My son is an excellent sleeper. Always slept through the night, a straight 12 hours and a 2 hours consistent nap during the day. He's a month and a half shy of 2 years old and up to date, loved his crib. He would wake up in the morning and play with his cars and trucks from inside, without disturbing anyone in the house. However, over the past few times, when retrieving him from his room, I've noticed him attempting to stick his leg on the rail, not climbing, but toe touching the side.

He's not your typical boy, he's not that active. I always assumed he would stay in his crib until he was 25 years old and never attempt to escape the entire time.

However, the next nap was different...

...I walked into his room to find him straddling the crib rail, like he was riding a horse. His face encapsulated the biggest smile, like he accomplished something great.

I immediately helped him down and quickly removed the side rail, converting the crib into a toddler bed.

I was nervous with fear that this would disrupt his system and he would no longer be the glorious sleeper that only seems like a myth to the outside world. However, in fact, the first night he slept 13.5 hours straight. He awoke happy, but wouldn't leave the comforts of his bed. I watched through the video monitor, as he sat on the edge, dangling his little legs off -yelling, "momma... Momma come!"

A huge milestone for my big boy... But still my little boy all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment