Friday, January 8, 2016

Clinging to the holidays


My tree is still standing tall in my undecorated sitting room. It stays, completely dressed with all its memories from Christmas pasts and current year. The colored lights still glisten in the dark room and I still find myself standing, staring at the beauty the tree radiates, and saddened by how quickly the holiday season has passed. The clutter of the surrounding garland has been neatly packed away and my village was dissembled by using my ninja skills to remove the 6ft platform that lied underneath. My daughter requested that we keep the tree up until her August birthday. I instantly vetoed that idea, due to obvious reasons. Then she negotiated keeping it until my February birthday... With all the remaining decoration clutter seized and my lack of initiation with committing to the conclusion of the holiday season, it very well may stay until my birthday... So, congrats sweet daughter of mine, you got your wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment