Friday, February 24, 2017

A full circle revelation...


We walked up and down this street so many times today, my quads started to ache. We stopped and lifted fallen leaves off the ground and admired their brittle ends. We piled rocks in a pattern off the side of the road. And I was holding a collection of sticks that my son just had to have. It was almost 70 degrees today, in February, and tomorrow will break 70. I had sweat coming from me, as I dressed inappropriately too heavy, not yet aware of how warm it actually was. 

My son, ran ahead of me, leading the way, with his walking stick in hand, to fend off the joker - just in case he crossed our path. He would intermittently wait for me, to tell me how much fun he was having and to say that I'm his favorite person in the whole world... 

I've learned to love these quiet times, with just the two of us. It was a hard adjustment for me to go from 1 child, to 2 children, then back down to 1 again. But here I am, 4 years later, walking hand in hand with my little boy, on the same street that I once walked hand in hand with my little girl... 

It's funny how life turns full circle like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment