Friday, February 3, 2017

An impromptu vacation to Florida!

On a day when I was admiring the snow falling outside my window, like leaves being blown off an autumn tree. The air was crisp and I could feel the draft circulate around my older home. My house was buzzing from both my children playing. School was cancelled from all the snow and the sicknesses have finally bowed in defeat. The sun hasn't shined in weeks and we're all going stir crazy from being confined within our plaster walls.

My phone rang and I darted towards it, to seek some adult conversation. My daughter roller skated past me and my son trailed behind her on his big wheel. I sought asylum in my back living room to avoid the chaos, when I answered the phone.

On the other end was my mom, who I normally speak regularly with. She asked how we all were, if we were outside sleigh riding, or trying to keep warm. Then within the same breath, she randomly presented us with an offer to head to Florida with them, on an all expenses paid trip to surprise my uncle for his 60th birthday...

Before I could pick my jaw up off the floor, my brain yelled, "yes!" at the highest volume, that I heard it from outside my ears.

I soaked in all the plans and details and pretended to mull over the idea, but let's face it, they had me at sunshine and warmth,

The story was, we are to leave this Saturday and stay until next Saturday (arriving back home on Sunday) -we're driving.

I love taking adventures, always have, but I'm a planner and require advance notice, so I can stress and dwell on all the external factors. So, being that we only had a few days to finalize everything, I feel like a chicken with my head cut off...

But the image of sun, family, exploration, and the ocean helps level out my wandering mind.

So here we are, Friday night, and I have the car packed, all the details finished, and two children and a husband who are too excited to sleep, like it's the night before Christmas.

And tomorrow morning, bright and early, we'll all be piled in the car, embarking on yet another family adventure. But this year, there are more adults than children and hopefully, my children won't whine the majority of the car ride like our last Florida trip...

Fingers crossed...

**I won't be doing any blog posts for the next week. However, you can keep up with my vacation by viewing my Instagram page -I will post regularly on there. So follow my page, the_happy_days and the hashtag, thehappydaysvacation for up to date pictures and stories. Also, if you don't have Instagram, you can still view my pictures from the right side column of my blog's main page (non mobile version).
www.jackyhappydays.blogspot.com

See you all on Instagram!  

No comments:

Post a Comment