Sunday, August 3, 2014

Everyday love

Laughs and belly laughs…

Giggles and snorts…

And utter silliness…

Conversations being had…

Conversations being heard…

Stories being read, stories being told…

Hugs and cuddles…

Snuggles and love…

With too many kisses…

There isn’t anything I love more than hearing these sounds… Living this life. My body stands still with the outside world whizzing past me. Time is obsolete. My time is different from others. My time as a stay at home mom is measured by the happiness of my children, not by what people tell me.

This is my identity.

My job doesn’t pay in money… It pays in hugs.

My annual report is determined how my children act and behave. When someone hands them something and they say “thank you” without any cues.  Or, when they say excuse me while walking past a group of people (or attempting to squeeze through). It’s measured by how they act in society and how much love they will bring into this world.

My time was well spent when I see my children content.

When they know mommy will move mountains to make them happy and fix anything they need.  Or, when they never have to second guess if I’ll be there to support them.

My life is complete when I know they are secure, not financially, but with comfort and love.

When they realize that no one will have their best interest like family. That mommy and daddy will always be in their corner and their sibling relationship will be their foundation for friendships to come. Luckily, my kiddo's bond is growing daily. My daughter is so eager to tell her brother all about the world, and he’s hungry to eat it all up.

My days are filled with this background noise -The sounds of two children enjoying life and each other. These two kiddos are learning how to share, play, and imagine with more than one person. They are learning life lessons by doing this simple task of participating in each other’s lives. They are learning how to be soft-hearted individuals due to not having to fight their way through the family tree.


I could sit in my chair, drinking my cups of coffee, and enjoy every second of these blissful sounds for a thousand years. I’m not sure when it will all end, but I know it’s just starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment