Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hello World!

Hello cyber world! I am finally up and running. It took me a bit to start blogging because I couldn’t seem to fixate on a name that sparked my interest (silly me for thinking the name would be the biggest roadblock –turns out, it’s trying to find time to write with two little ones in the house. Time in general isn’t even an issue. It’s to find the time where I could think –you know, where I would be able to focus enough to do simple math… 99% of the time, I can’t). Happy Days was created while I had the rare moment of silence –My 3 year old daughter was playing nicely by herself and my teething 9 month old son wasn’t fussing. It was a moment where everything was calm.  A moment where I basked in the love, joy, and pride of my family… These are the happy days in my life.

I am a stay at home mother of two. But I’m not your average stay at home mom, my husband isn’t a doctor or a lawyer. He is your average hard working man who will work 80 hours a week if that means I can stay at home. So technically, I probably shouldn’t be staying home.  But I always said, I would rather live in a motor home if that meant I could raise my children myself. I no longer have needs or wants –My children do. And as long as I keep meeting their needs, then my life is complete.

 I budget, I don’t coupon clip (I personally don’t understand it, to me it seems like you have to spend more money in the first place), if we don’t have it, we don’t spend it (I’ve walked into Dollar General and bought 1 paper towel roll because that’s all I needed at that time). Like I said, my two kids come first, I’m not even sure I’m on the list. Showers and eating regular meals have become a luxury to me. My days are filled with providing for everyone in my house –even the dog. At least husband comes home to two happy kids reaching and climbing all over him when he walks through the door. Food is on the table –But, I am sometimes unrecognizable as I stand there with baby food smeared throughout my clothes, or a moo moo, basically whatever I woke up in (again, changing out of pajamas is an inconvenience throughout the day). Sometimes I’m grateful I’m married and have been with my husband as long as I have (over 10 years). Because I sometimes look at myself and say thank god he met me when I was 20-30 lbs thinner and more youthful looking.

Kids do this amazing thing to you. They unleash a level of love that one could never imagine… No matter how stressed I am at my 3 year old, she could make one face that will completely redirect my attention and make me laugh hysterically.  My son (who is teething like a bear eating out of hibernation) whines A LOT, but he has a smile that lights up a room –it’s contagious. With all the daily struggles of raising two kids while a husband works a lot, these little ones are what make my life meaningful.

I am going to do a weekly blog about my days (I would like to do more, but seeing how long it took me just to write this first one, I would say once a week is going to be a task)… I was an occupational therapist and also worked as a child behavioral therapist before having children. I have a lot of different insights on parenting from those 2 professions. I would consider myself a laid back parent –I choose my battles and definitely find humor in a lot of things. And I would say I practice attachment parenting with modifications. I live a very “natural” lifestyle, not organic. I buy as much as I can locally and I make all my meals. We hardly eat in restaurants (maybe once every other month the most) and I don’t buy frozen meals for my kids. I’m not a preacher by any means -to each its own. Whatever I write is just my opinion and my life. Laugh at it or absorb it, don’t take it as something you should be changing or doing.


I look forward to partaking in this journey with all of you... Until next time, enjoy your Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment