Sunday, June 15, 2014

Thank you for loving us just the way we are

To me, family is a unit which will remain strong through the worst of the darkened storm and flourishes in the sunlight. It cannot be easily broken down and will withstand a lot of agony and turmoil. A family per say, isn’t just two adults and children, it’s a feeling, a feeling of love and security. Having a strong family background is the foundation to create self-assured, whole, individuals.

Having a loving family is the greatest gift of all.

So on this Father’s Day, I’m celebrating my family.

I’m celebrating my husband, who is our provider, stabilizer, and rational individual. He is my significant other for 11.5 years, my husband. The person I’m able to say whatever I feel, and he returns no judgment.

He is the father of my two, beautiful children.

He’s patient, understanding, and kind…

And loves us just the way we are.

My family is not a picture perfect fairytale, but our life is perfect… You wouldn’t find us in the pages of Pottery Barn, dressed in crisp white clothes (without a stain on any of it), hair done perfectly, and both children sitting thoroughly still. That’s ok, because I love our reality more, with toys on the floor, my children finding any dirt hole they can, and my husband with his mixed matched socks.

I have to credit having a successful family to me having an incredible father of my own… My dad was one of the most interactive father’s I knew. He coached our baseball teams, he played baseball with us for hours outside, and when I started field hockey, he made sure he learned every aspect of the sport so he could join me outside for a game or two. There wasn’t ever anything that was unimportant to say to him, as he was very understanding and patient.

Having my dad to grow up with was a standard I always brought to the table. Now that I have my own family, I want the closeness, the laughter, and the joy that I shared. I want my children to know the security I felt and the comfort that was transferred.

The love a family is what keeps them strong…  

Our love keeps us together.

It’s our love and understanding that sustains this family unit.

So this Father’s Day, I want to say thank you to my dad for providing a foundation of what a father should be and my husband for your love, support, and devotion to us. Thank you for loving us just the way we are.

Happy Father’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment