Sunday, October 4, 2015

2 year Blogiversary

Two years ago, I begun my journey in this mommy blogger world. At that time, I had a newly 3 year old and a 9 month old. My life wasn't easily adjusting to parenting two children as I had hoped.

In the beginning, I had difficulty dealing with extreme mom guilt. I never had a problem taking care of anyone, just finding the balance of how to eliminate the gut wrenching ill feeling when your two year old cries because mommy had to stop playing, in order to make a bottle for her infant brother or quietly rock him before his nap. First, I had this one child, who had my undivided attention, life was smooth and untouched. Then, I had two children who yearned for that same undivided attention.

Most days, I felt as though I was free falling, but never reaching ground. I felt more in survival mode, versus, living the day.

I am a very hands on parent and I take helicopter parenting to a whole different level. I play with my children, pay attention to my children, and teach my children. At that time, I needed to find a way to spend all my time with both of my children, not just one at a time. Because the thought of leaving one of my children out, was heartbreaking to me.

Within weeks, life became routine. My daughter realized this little baby boy wasn't leaving and she became more inclined to have him around. She then wanted to participate with helping the needs of her little brother. Then, I allowed her part of those moments, instead of having her occupy herself, while I took him in another room. Our days were just the three of us and we did everything, just the three of us.

That's when the idea of creating a story of all the best times of my day, instead of seeking the negative ones. If the day was focused on crying and no sleeping (from either child), I would find the solitary moment that made me smile. That one moment that would help me make it through that day. 

Once I started living in the moment instead of trying to figure out the future, life became easier. I didn't feel so overwhelmed.

Life is not all rainbows and roses, but it very easily can be something magical. 

There is always a silver lining.

I choose not to consume myself with all the stressful parts of being a full time mom, with little outside help. The lack of sleep, the tantrums, the whining, the fighting, the potty training difficulties, the homework, and whatever else can be thought of. I never want to lay in bed and replay the day over and cringe at the images. I never want to feel like I could have done better with my day. Instead, I want to breathe in all the wonderful, little moments that make this life so worth while. I want everyday to count, everyday to be magical. I want to enjoy my life as mom and not try to have it be something else. I want to look back upon these years and think how glorious they were. I want to yearn for this today, when my children thought I was the most amazing individual on the planet.

Because after all, these are our Happy Days. 


**Thank you all for your support over these past two years. I really enjoy journaling all my amazing, adorable moments with all you dedicated readers. If there is one thing you take away from my blog, I hope it's to enjoy the moment you're in. Find that moment that makes your heart skip a beat, and focus on that. Even if the days seem hard and overwhelming, know that your role as a parent/guardian is the most amazing and important moment in your life. Life is as simplistic as you make it. The stress you have, is the stress you create. So, try to limit the stress by focusing on your best days, your best moments, and your best experiences. Thank you...

**Also, as some of you already know, The Happy Days blog was selected to be featured on Top Mommy Blogs website (I'm in the family life category). You can vote daily to raise my blog's ranking on that page. How to vote? On the right hand column of my main page, you'll see a Top Mommy Blog Approved icon (under my new The Happy Days banner). Click that icon once and it will redirect you to their main page. That is all you need to do. By going to their page, it'll track the votes through my icon -You can only vote by clicking that icon. I would appreciate any votes I could get. More votes = higher ranking and higher ranking = more blog traffic.

Thank you for celebrating my 2 year blogiversary with me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment