Thursday, October 29, 2015

Future self


While packing away some of my children's too little clothing, my
daughter came across her old, very worn, Hello Kitty light up shoes. She immediately grabbed them out of the pile and began chattering away about all the wondrous qualities they possess. She reminisced about how "awesome" these shoes once were and all the "amazing" things she achieved while wearing them... She finalized her memory moment by saying, "we need to keep these shoes for my future children. I'm sure they'll love Hello Kitty just as much as I did." Being the nostalgic self that I am (who kept all of her early 80s toys), I gently took them out of her hands and placed them into our tote of all the specific items we are packing away for my children's future self -- because you never know if my daughter's future child will in fact like Hello Kitty too
.

No comments:

Post a Comment