Thursday, March 30, 2023

It's been awhile...

Oh my... It's been a hot minute, hasn't it?

Actually, it's almost been a full year since I posted on here...

Times have surely changed. Back in 2013, I started this blog as a way to normalize my stifled feelings of being a respectful parent, in a world where no one else thought the same as me.

My small town felt suffocating, as I knew I had to do it all differently than what I was seeing around me.

So, this site was created to flush out thoughts and share my perspective - maybe in hindsight, it was also a way to validate my style when everyone else thought I was crazy...

Then, as my children grew (and technology grew), I focused more on my Instagram... And, that is where all my attention lies currently. -And this site quickly fell to the wayside.

My Instagram boasts a following of almost 15k and my posts are shared far and wide... I have immense interactions in my DMs and I have met some pretty awesome people over there, whom I call friends.

But, I must say, I do miss this old fashioned dynamic - The simple world of story telling. And, the ability to write more than a limited caption allows... I do miss this website... And, I'm thinking about bringing it back - like, crop tops and leggings!

But, how?

Instagram allows me to post my creative words and then people share and comment. I'm able to quickly interact with a community within seconds. Whereas, on websites, it feels so distant.

And, do people really read things anymore?

Is that still a thing?

Because, I do miss storytelling... 

My Instagram is focused more on education. I'd like this site to be the behind the scenes of my educational posts. This place will be the words that fill in the blanks of those short memes I post... The hows, the whys, and the lifestyle of raising an almost 13 year old daughter and an almost 11 year old son.

So, gather round folks! While I attempt to bring back a blog, in a world of REELS and 60 second videos (which I'm horrible at - I'm so much better with writing, than videos).

Boy, this will be an uphill battle! 

Stay tuned! 

-----------------------------------------

My Instagram is filled with a plethora of posts and educational captions. You can check out my Instagram and follow me there by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment