Sunday, November 3, 2013

Changes

When you become a parent, life is pretty much repetitious… Things are guaranteed –like you know you’ll always find a cheerio somewhere on the floor.

When I hear silence for a few minutes, I know I’ll walk into my children’s play room expecting to see my daughter reading, with 50+ books piled around her and an empty shelf in the background. I’ve seen this image thousands of times -it’s as predictable as the sun rise.

However, this time I see her sitting, diligently working on a lacing craft -Very unexpected.

In my household, the statement, if my child is quiet they’re doing something wrong, does not hold truth. If there is quiet, it usually means my daughter is being creative or participating in some kind of play.


It is strange to me how much she has changed so far. How her interest and likes unravel into something completely different. She might not be the same child who reads for hours, but she is turning into a girl who loves playing pretend preschool, crafts, tea parties, and play-doh. She is a girl who is entering into a whole new chapter in her life… A preschooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment