Sunday, September 20, 2015

A sister and brother moment

As I'm floating through the house, picking up random toys that are scattered throughout, humming a tune that is from one of the many cartoons that is forever branded into my brain, I'm interrupted by the distinct sound of quiet talking. I pause, as I'm trying to decipher if what I'm hearing is from an unwatched TV or if it's one, or both of my children. 

I follow the sound to the living room, where I stand out of sight to watch my son and daughter nestled softly together on the couch. The pink colored blanket is covering their little legs, while my daughter's outstretched arm encapsulates my son.


There they sit, ever so still, as my daughter cheerfully reads several books to her brother. He's intensely focused and holds onto her every word. Eagerly awaiting to hear what happens next, as she continues to tell the stories with such ease and magic in her voice. 


They do this together...

...Everyday.

And everyday, my heart melts just a little bit more.

I'm holding onto this beautiful moment...

A loving moment.

A nurturing moment.

A learning moment.

For all eternity...

And, I'm not sure if my son knows how lucky he is to have his sister, but I sure know how lucky I am to have both of them in my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment