Sunday, July 12, 2020

Attachment parenting through the tween years...


So many times you hear about this crazy relationship that unfolds between a tween/teen daughter and her mother. You hear about the squabbles, sassiness, and banters. You hear about the door slams and the I hate yous...

Society mentally prepared you for this...


But, society doesn't prepare you for the parents who didn't raise their children in fear. Who didn't punish their children for every little wrongdoings. The parents who sat down with their children and guided them through tough situations with love and connection...

If they did prepare you for the latter, you wouldn't be shocked when your tween still snuggles with you and tells you how much they love you. Or, when your daughter runs out of her room to you because, she cannot wait to tell you all about her favorite YouTuber -Or, what her and her friends spent the last 2 hours talking about...

She wouldn't hesitate to come to you, to discuss difficult/new things.

It's strange because, society almost makes it normal to have these tussles and tifs - so many bloggers make quips and jokes about that daily - It's somehow normalized for daughter's and mother's to dislike each other for a chunk of their years. But abnormal, when children have a healthy relationship with their parents, instead.

I have to say, I was prepared for the norm, but thankfully, what I have is so much different. What I have, goes against anything I was ever taught.

And, I've never been so glad to be wrong.

_______________________________
*Follow my Instagram -Click Here for daily photos and vlogs in my stories...*

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!! We attachment parent our two since before day 1. It’s so much work but also intuitive and I can already see the payoff coming. I was so happy to read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming here to say such sweet words... I agree. Attachment parenting needs to be a lifestyle, otherwise, it'll never work. It has to be every part of your day... But, like you said, it really pays off in the end, with the relationship we have with our children <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you for coming here to say such sweet words... I agree. Attachment parenting needs to be a lifestyle, otherwise, it'll never work. It has to be every part of your day... But, like you said, it really pays off in the end, with the relationship we have with our children <3

    ReplyDelete