Friday, January 5, 2018

Today, time is on our side...

The north is currently experiencing some wicked below freezing temperatures this week. Our schools have been delaying daily and today, they were cancelled, due to negative 30 degree wind chills. And, we're just not used to seeing this...

Climate change, anyone?

But even though the bitter cold has left us home bound, we're enjoying our time together. And, our cancelled day of school has left us with one of the greatest gifts... Time.

Time to breathe in the moment and not rush out the door to follow someone else's time clock. Time to be present, without feeling the need to move onto another task or accomplish something in a time frame.

Time to make memories... To sit with my daughter and and make some Aqua Bead creations, while being silly on her mock VLOG channel. And by being silly, I mean, doing some "awesome" dance moves... And, build LEGOS with my son, while hearing him tell his famous knock knock jokes.

But most of all, time for my children to be under the same roof, at the same time, with no place to be, all day.

Just like it's supposed to be...

Time is that crazy little bugger that always resurfaces itself. When you're caught up in your daily grind, you forget it's moving. And moving so quickly. Then, when an opportunity presents itself and you have a moment to stop, that's when you realize how much you miss the days when play was the single most important occupation. 

The three of us are a little unit who travel through this life as more than just mother and children, we're best friends... We're silly, funny, sarcastic, and loving. We talk allllll day long... We're always there for each other, without judgement or fear, and we're supportive...

And when time moves as quickly as it does, and the punch card begins, I sometimes get caught up in the movement and forget how much I miss the simplicity of our trio...

And I'm grateful for days like this, as a reminder of how wonderful it is to have my home so full of life...

The way it's supposed to be. 

So when I'm old and gray, replaying my past memories in my head like an old reel to reel player, I'll mark this record breaking frigid day, as one of our warmest days.

No comments:

Post a Comment