Sunday, April 6, 2014

Two amazing beings

Yesterday I was stressed. We were racing out the door while running late for a family birthday party…

My son was waiting at the door, sitting with his shoes in his hand.

My daughter was running through the house, making a game out of putting on her shoes.

While finally in the car, decompressing from the last 10 minutes of utter chaos, I hear giggles coming from the backseat.

An unbelievably precious sound…

One that makes a parent’s heart skip a beat.

Peering through the rearview mirror I could see my daughter’s and son’s hand intertwined in one another.

Their eyes locked on each other.

Like they were speaking their own language -Having a complete conversation that only siblings can understand.

She was telling him all about the crazy world outside their window and he was just eating it all up –giggling to extremes when she made a silly face at him.

As time passes, my two are becoming one. They seek each other out and share emotions. Their love for one another is growing –a feeling that wasn’t so grand at first.


I spent the rest of the drive periodically gazing into the rearview mirror and at the same time, smiling at my husband. I was feeling complete while reflecting on this metamorphosis that was unfolding behind me. Realizing, what was a few extra 10 minutes of chaos when you have these amazing beings sharing a life with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment