Sunday, March 22, 2015

Magical moments

Lying in bed, just as the bright morning sun begun to peer through my white lace curtains, something magical always happens...

Not magical in the sense that fairies are dancing around, but magical as in a beautiful moment.

I usually stay in bed, watching my video monitor, as I hear (and see) my two lovely children giggling and playing. They don't always stay in camera view, but when they do, it's an adorable image. I squinted at my colored 2.5 inch screen and see my son snuggled closely next to my daughter in her bed. Her wild, messy morning hair was blocking her beautiful smiling face, while my son's messy bed head, Beatle's mop top, was also in total disarray. Both were talking about the day ahead of them, in total bliss and anticipation of what awaits them. So eager to embark on whatever incredible journey they can muster up. 

I love listening to my daughter read her brother multiple books or hearing them play dress up, and acting out various scenes.

Then, he'll easily get bored, and I hear my daughter strike up another conversation to coax him back in her direction. 

He happily obliges... 

I sometimes think he leave for the attention.

I hear him get excited as he shouts her name, then his heavy feet scampers towards her.

He'll follow her every move...
Listen to her every command...

Two years later, and he's still in complete aww of her.

The older he becomes, the more they have in common. Plus, he's not just a baby anymore to her, he's a friend. 

The morning moment doesn't last forever. Usually my son is the first to yell my name, then my daughter follows. But, as the day continues, their friendship doesn't fade. 

The magical moment, isn't just a moment anymore...

Their imagination is at the height of running freely, and wildly...

There's always someone to be rescued in Gotham City, and of course, someone has to be the Superfriends, while the other is the villains. 

Someone has to be Elsa, running through the snowy forest, while the other is Kristoff, riding his sled as he follows.

And who else will compete in the battle of the bands with the Equestrian Girls from My Little Pony if my daughter doesn't?

Also, those big wheels won't ride themselves...

This stage, 4 & 2 years old, has been marvelous. Like any parent, I am often saddened by their aging, however, I am loving each growing stage even more. It seems like each day, they indulge in a new magical adventure. A one way ticket to a far away land that only the best imaginations are allowed. 

Where best friends come to spend their days...

Playing...
Laughing..
And imagining.

Where my daughter and son have all their days to build a friendship that not only keeps them from being bored, but also, makes them happy. It makes them learn to appreciate each other, not just as family member, but as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment