Sunday, March 15, 2015

My eternal happiness

Digging through a shoebox of unfiled photos, I stumbled upon a picture of the four of us, my husband, daughter, son, and myself... All cheesy smile and huddled cheek to cheek, desperately trying to fit into the picture at once. I held the photo at arm length, while studying the image...

I let it soak into my brain...

Because, years from now, that's the image I want to remember.

The smiles,
cuddles,
kisses,
hugs,
happiness,
joy,
quality time,
game nights,
crafting,
stories,
pretend play,
dance parties,
co host sessions,
walks,
talks,
cooking,
baking...

...Just to name a few.

I don't want to remember the tantrums, the crying, the lack of sleep and being irritably tired. The sibling fighting, the begging and pleading to listen, or the bargaining to eat food...

I want the special, everyday love to shine through and leave the chaos to settle in the deepest part of my brain. I want to relish in the now, knowing I'll always have these days to look back on -with great fondness.

So, that picture of eternal bliss will be etched into my brain. Those smiles from the ones I love the most, will be my forever, my haven, my eternal happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment