Sunday, March 8, 2015

A daddy and his daughter

I was leaving the house for a few hours to get some Easter Bunny shopping done without my children. My husband, who rarely has the children to himself for a designated amount of time, joined in with the group hug and kisses, before I walked out the door. 

Upon arrival, I wasn't greeted with my two children sulking in despair that mommy wasn't home, in fact, I wasn't greeted at the door at all. My son was napping in his room and my daughter was sitting at the kitchen table, diligently working on crafts with my husband. Before rounding the corner, I could hear them giggling, talking conversations, and pretending to be a popular YouTube co-anchors. Both were comparing their art work to each other and deciding what they would draw or create next.


After walking within eye sight, my daughter and husband eventually acknowledged I was home. My daughter uttered the words, "I had the best time mommy."

And why wouldn't she have... She had her daddy all to herself. They were able to create fun designs, uninterrupted. Be silly, while wearing silly masks.


And send her daddy a love note...


While he sent one back...


A daddy and his daughter spending quality time, doing quality fun. 

Creating belly laughs and serving up smiling grins. 

A daddy and his daughter making memories...

I love seeing these images of the two of them shoulder to shoulder around a table filled with glitter and glue everywhere. Her daddy isn't afraid to be silly or wear whatever she makes for him. He gladly donned the tiara mask, while finishing up the crafts, even though she laughed at him. 

They are beginning to have a love that is special.

A love that will never be penetrated. 
A love as thick as the earth itself... 

A mommy always has that love, but I'm grateful to see their love flourish into an incredible relationship, because a little girl will always need her daddy... And not just any daddy, a daddy that will create time just for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment