Friday, October 7, 2016

Research... Lots of research.

The leaves outside my bedroom window are turning the most beautiful shade of golden yellow. I know this because, this is where I have been spending the majority of my mid mornings after I drop my daughter off at school. I sit, with my back pressed against an old rustic kitchen chair, and randomly shift my eyes outward towards the window. I catch myself drifting off in between key strokes and remembering all my fondest memories of Fall. 

After breakfast, I sit at my small computer table, next to my floor to ceiling window and do countless amounts of research. My son is usually hunkered down on the bed behind me playing his kindle. 

Quietly, I might add.

I am, by far, the worst when it comes to technology. Which is quite humorous that I chose to do something that centers around the need for technology. If it weren't for my blog, I wouldn't even own a smart phone. Embarrassingly, I only purchased my smart phone about 2 years ago. And prepare yourselves for this, I still have a house phone... And I use it more than my cellphone. 

Since my daughter began her full days at school and my son will be starting preschool right around the corner, I've been wanting to focus more on my blog and making it into more of a business brand, versus just a hobby. So, here I sit, day after day, googling and listening to bloggers write about their journey of all the ins and outs of taking that next step.

I've done the first part, by announcing that I'll be publishing my stories three times a week, Sunday and Friday, with my mid weeks on Wednesdays. 

But first, I want/need to professionalize my site. I'd like to upgrade all my features and bring my page into the 21st century. Although, I always loved the simplicity of my page, because, it's me. And it's easy to maintain. But, I quickly realized in the world of blogging, graphic designs are much prettier to look at. 

So, the research is on...

And, I'd love to hear from all of you. What are some things you readers enjoy seeing on blogs? Any advice on this process? Any encouraging words while this mama mulls through countless online tutorials? 

Prayers?

(lol).

Until then, please enjoy my plain design, but meaningful content. And thank you all for your sweet words in response to my posts. I really enjoy telling my stories and sharing my days. As my close friends all know, I love to talk. Like, reeeeaaaally love talk. So blogging has always been my destiny. And, I'm so glad that other people enjoy hearing me talk too, but out of choice, not just because you're my friends and have to... 

I also appreciate the support from this mommy community. And I love chatting with all you fine people. So, don't hesitate to comment on my posts, Instagram pictures, or Facebook posts and start a conversation. 

Basically, if it involves talking, I'm in!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment