Wednesday, April 27, 2016

An illness strikes with a vengeance


I'd like to think it's our outdoor lifestyle and lack of processed foods that keeps our family healthy and strong. But, even with the best of diets and overload of fresh air, every now and then, we all succumb to an illness. This past weekend/early week, a stomach virus ripped through our home with a vengeance. Every one of us was laid up and hunkered down in my king sized bed, wishing the days away. But, thank goodness for kindles and recorded DVR shows and family, to get us through the duration. Now that my daughter is back in school, my husband is back at work, and I sit at home staring bleakly at the mounds of laundry and left over cups and plates scattered throughout the house, I want to hop back in this bed and wish the days away all over again...

No comments:

Post a Comment