Friday, April 1, 2016

Temporarily unplugged from the cyber world

I'm sorry for vanishing this past week or so. I unintentionally "unplugged" myself from my computer and phone. It seemed that engaging in the present moments with my family just got away from me. However, I didn't do it as a righteous act or as a lent objective. I just simply didn't get around to using technology. That sounds pretty bizarre in a world where technology is just as important as breathing. 

Currently, I have four blog posts half written and patiently waiting in my drafts. One is about recess and an incident that has happened, one about my husband and him being away, another one is about my flusters of motherhood, and a final one about my children and their differences with learning.

With each one, I eagerly sat down at my computer and flushed out thoughts on each subject. But lately, I've been a bit of a scatter brain and forty million thoughts are running through my mind at any given second. So after a few dozen lines or so, I hit a block. Then as life has it, I was pulled away from my writers block and just didn't return.

The past week or so have been spent running around during the holiday madness, spending loving time with family and just being with my children over spring break. My daughter has been having more contention with recess and visually upset more. My son appears to be mulling through the terrible 3s, which is a lot to handle, especially since I never experienced this with my daughter. I have been taking time to talk with them and focus all my attention on them and not sporadically viewing my phone intermittently. Also, when my children show any type of behavior issue, I take that as a cue that I need adjust something in my parenting world. Hence, some of my evenings were spent being alone and objective and pulling out my old behavior modification knowledge from deep inside my brain.

So, by the end of the night, when my children were asleep, instead of blogging, I have also been spending uninterrupted time with my husband -watching our beloved DVR shows. Something I have taken for granted since having children.

This time away has also been more of a reflection of things I want to either change or tend to more. I found with the winter days, I spent more time scrolling through my news feed, than participating with tasks in front of me. And spending more one on one time with my husband is moving higher and higher up the list --Maybe that's another blog post too?

I love blogging and I relish this space to jot down my thoughts to have forever stored in the cyber world. However, every once in a while, it does feel good to unplug from it and eliminate all the time restrictions. And I know with the warmer days approaching, I'll spend less and less time unconsciously viewing news feeds and more time breathing in the beautiful moments around me. Annnnd, blogging quietly in the still night. So hopefully over the next week, I'll get to finishing those four stories and you'll all be able to share the experience with me...

...Until then, enjoy your Happy Days!

**And thank you all who commented, asking how I was, or if everything was ok. I greatly appreciate that you all enjoy hearing my stories and have personally made a connection. I'll get those four stories out the quickest I can and I cannot wait to converse about them with you all. Remember, pass my blog onto a friend and maybe they can relate to something I have written as well. Feel free to share some of your favorite stories, but remember to tag and provide a direct link back to The Happy Days. Also, you can join my blog's site or any of my social media sites by going to my blog's main page and finding all the options in the right side column. Thank you again for your continued support!** 

No comments:

Post a Comment